Need Help:
Does anyone have a resource, or ideas, or any guidance whatsoever, on how to write a thank-you letter (or something of the sort) to Juno? We are not sure if we should write a letter to to her for giving us what biology has deprived us, or what we should do. Even this post is all over the place... not sure what we are supposed to do in this situation. We feel like we should be doing something for her, but with a private and closed adoption, we do not know what is appropriate. When we search the all-knowing internet(s), all we come up with are examples of birth-mother letters... not the "thank you for our family" letters we want to view.
Please let us know how to handle this situation, or at least give us some direction.... we'd really appreciate it!
Juno Update:
THIRTY-FOUR WEEKS! EEEEEP! Ukulele is weighing in at a hefty 5 1/2 pounds.... projected weight at delivery: da da daaaaaaaaa.... 9 POUNDS! Juno is doing great, right where she should be as far as gaining weight. I am told she has some back pain, but is doing very well. She is still very much on board with the adoption, and in fact is talking to Ukulele about how lucky and spoiled she is going to be with her new family! (pitter pat pitter pat our happy little hearts!) We have decided that Ukulele's outfit for her first baby picture will be the tie-dye onesie that Juno wants to make for her. I hope we get it before she arrives. It would mean so much to us - and hopefully Juno - that her first picture is taken in an outfit her birthmother made for her.
WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE! The doctor thinks that she'll deliver early.... AAAHHHHH! Words cannot explain how excited we are! She has an appointment on Thursday for another ultrasound to take more intense measurements and hopefully get a better idea on a projected due date.
Guess we need to get that pack-n-play set up! Also better figure out how to install the car seat....
:)
p.s. Thanks for all the kind words on my attempt at mar.tha-stew.art-ism....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Congratulations! And about the letter..my suggestion is go with your gut and write straight from your heart.. do not look for other's letters..every mother is unique and you and your feelings surely are..
I don't have any advice on the letter, but I wanted to join you in the EEEEEEEP! You've got a big 'un, and she's coming quick!
With you on that EEPPPP!!! So soon - yeah! I agree with HH about the letter as seeking ideas from others may take away the way you personalise it.
I'm SO excited for you :-) Sorry I don't have any experience or advice about the letter thing...but I am, again, SOOO excited for you!
I say just write a letter straight from the heart. I think it is a lovely idea - and it may make it more "yours" that you can't find any sort of template.
Thanks for the Juno update. That is awesome!
mo
The letter should not be something that you should have to worry about. I know that it is easier said than done, but just write what comes out of your heart. When we were writing our profile for surrogacy, I started by just writing everything that came into my head. I gave myself an hour (I type slow) at the computer and just wrote everything that flew into my head. Then I stepped away for 48 hours, went back and started editing. I am not sure that is really helpful.
Post a Comment